A few facts about Acupuncture:
- Acupuncture needles are single use, sterilized and pre-packaged
- Acupuncture is one of the oldest practicing forms of medicine known to date
- Acupuncture needles are hair-thin and they do not draw blood and are not hollow
- Acupuncturists feel your pulse and look at your tongue to gain a better understanding of what is going on inside the body
- Acupuncture is highly individualized, if a number of people with the common cold were treated with acupuncture, they could all have different acupuncture points used in their treatments
- Acupuncture is just one form of therapy used within the medical system known as Traditional Chinese Medicine, which also consists of other modalities such as: herbal treatment, cupping, acupressure, and TCM nutrition consult.