IV (Intravenous) Therapy
What is it?
Intravenous therapy involves the slow administration of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients directly into the blood stream through a vein.
Why would you consider it?
IV therapy is one of the fastest and efficient ways to deliver fluids and medications into your body.
By bypassing the gastrointestinal tract, any potential issues with absorption are avoided. When we take pills or other supplements orally some is lost in the digestion process. We are able to administer higher concentration of nutrients at a faster rate that possible with oral supplementation.
- No concerns with the ability of digestive tract to absorb the nutrients. Specifically, important with any digestive concerns such as IBS, Celiac, IBD, etc.
- Patient’s doing regular IV therapy are often able to reduce the number of oral supplements they are taking
- We are able to give nutrients at a higher dose than is usually possible orally
Who is it right for & why:
- Many chronic conditions respond well to IV therapy – such as migraines, CFS, Depression, Autoimmune conditions
- Recent injury– Tissue wound healing IV formulated to help speed recovery. Vitamin C and amino acids to help support the healing process
- Stress– When we are stressed we run through our B vitamins and Vitamin C quicker. A regular boost of these nutrients during stressful times helps give the fuel we need to keep going.
- Immune boost– helps both prevent against colds & flus, as well as may help speed recovery from recent infection by supplying the body with key nutrients
- Upcoming travel – Though relaxing travel can be stressful. Getting an IV before a flight may also prevent catching something on the plane.
- Anyone with digestive concerns(reduced GI absorption)– if there is any inability in absorbing nutrients then we are not necessarily getting the most benefit from our oral supplements. IV therapy allows us to get a boost of nutrients into the body to support the healing process – treating and healing the gut. This may lead to the oral supplements being more effective.
- Increased demand– We demand more from out body during certain periods of life. Such as chronic stress, insomnia, athletics, travels, infections, surgery, and chronic illness
What is the normal treatment protocol:
- Specific to each person and concern
- Usually a treatment every 1-2 weeks for a total of 4-6 treatments. Often IV’s are then administered as needed
What you need to know before your IV:
All IV therapy patients are screened by Dr. Schamerhorn, ND, for any metabolic or general health conditions that could cause nutritional IV therapy to become unsafe.
We recommend that you are well hydrated and have something to eat prior to your IV. The IV therapy typically lasts anywhere from 45-60 minutes. During this time you can relax, read a book, etc.
If you are interested in asking more questions about IV therapy, you can call to schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation, or drop Dr. Schamerhorn an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IV (Intravenous) Therapy
Basic Myers –$100
The classic blend of vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium, and calcium was originally developed by Dr. John Myer’s MD to address chronic fatigue, asthma, fibromyalgia and depression. Today it is used to treat many medical conditions and as a preventative boost.
Note: this is a smaller IV and thus is perfect for those short on time.
Energy Boost – $135
Feeling a little bit burnt out? This IV can be used as both prevention during those busy times as well support recovery when fatigue hits. Similar to the Myer’s with an extra dose of B vitamins and energy & fat burning amino acids such as taurine and carnitine.
The Myer’s Plus – $120
Similar to the traditional well known Myer’s IV with higher doses of vitamins and mineral. The perfect IV to help support the treatment of many chronic conditions.
Tissue wound healing – $135
Perfect after any injury. This combo of vitamins, nutrients and amino acids support the healing process are supply the pre-cursors to the connective tissue (ligaments, tendons, muscles, etc).
Immune Boost – $130
Whether you are feeling a bit under the weather or are trying to keep healthy when is seems like everyone around you is sick this IV is the one for you. Giving you support with some extra Vitamin C and immune boosting minerals.
Hydration / Hangover – $120
We’ve all been there – filled with electrolytes, B vitamins and vitamin C to support your body’s recovery. PS this IV is also quite handy to replenish nutrients and electrolytes after playing in the sun for a bit too long.
Glutathione ($40 and up) – price ranges depending on amount used.
The main anti-oxidant & anti-aging nutrient in our body. The perfect addition to any IV.